CrossBoundary is recruiting a Senior Associate to join the CrossBoundary office in Bamako, Mali. As a member of the Mali investment team, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for significant positive impact on Mali’s private sector, in addition to building CrossBoundary’s long-term presence in West Africa. This leadership position has the potential for an accelerated promotion track to Associate Principal, with expanded opportunities to lead transaction support, client engagement, and mid/junior-level team members.
Senior Associate candidates should have 5+ years of experience in banking, consulting, private equity, or similar. Experience working in developing countries is required, and experience in francophone West Africa is particularly relevant. Fluency in French is strongly preferred. A Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is expected but extensive relevant experience may be accepted as equivalent.
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• MBA or other graduate degree required; extensive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a graduate degree
• Experience working in developing countries; experience in francophone West Africa is particularly relevant
- Transaction identification and evaluation
- Identify and rigorously assess investment opportunities
- Prepare presentations with business plans, explanation of management structure, competitive landscape, and financial projection to recommend strategies
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Conduct macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
- Investor sourcing
- Assist in identifying qualified investors
- Manage numerous investor relationships
- Transaction support
- Lead team in supporting complex transactions
- Develop deal marketing presentations
- Develop and supervise valuation activities and detailed financial models
- Perform sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation
- Coordinate due diligence and transaction execution
- Support drafting and negotiations of terms sheets
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.