AHL Venture Partners – one of Africa’s premier impact investment firms – is looking to hire a senior portfolio manager to lead the growth of our operations in West and Central Africa. In this role, you will be responsible for deal origination, due diligence, and deal structuring, as well as monitoring and value creation in our existing portfolio. This job is ideal for an outgoing, motivated, detail-oriented professional with at least 6 – 8 years of operational or investment experience in the region.
About AHL Venture Partners:
AHL Venture Partners (www.ahlvventurepartners.com) is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with regional offices in Nairobi, Accra and Lusaka. The firm manages two funds investing in early and growth stage SMEs capable of delivering impact at scale alongside healthy financial returns. AHL’s primary investment themes are financial inclusion, agribusiness, energy access, and management education. To date, AHL has committed over $75mn.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will play a catalytic role in expanding AHL’s impact investment activities in West and Central Africa.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Monitoring, developing and executing remediation and value creation strategies for current portfolio companies;
2. Sourcing high potential opportunities for equity, debt and mezzanine investment;
3. Coordinating and managing the full cycle investment process as the lead of a dynamic West/Central Africa investment team;
4. Building and maintaining a network and relationships with key counterparties in West and Central Africa (entrepreneurs, professional services, government, regulators, other investment funds / family offices and co-investors).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
1. 6 – 8 years of relevant and high quality professional experience in industry, impact investment, private equity or advisory / consultancy;
2. Outstanding analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills;
3. Entrepreneurial mindset and strong executor;
4. Prior experience working in West / Central Africa
5. Bilingual (English / French)
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com