CrossBoundary is recruiting a full time Principal to lead a new Advisory team in Johannesburg. This team leader will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for significant positive impact on investment into Southern Africa, in addition to building CrossBoundary’s long-term presence in the region. The Principal will be responsible for managing an investment facilitation team and leading transaction support.
Principal candidates should have 7+ years of experience working in high caliber finance or consulting organizations. Experience working in developing countries is required, and past work in Southern Africa will be regarded favorably. A Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is expected but extensive relevant experience may be accepted as equivalent. CrossBoundary offers a highly competitive salary (including benefits).
• 7+ years of experience in top tier banking, consulting, private equity or similar
• Experience working in developing countries; experience in Southern Africa is particularly relevant
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees preferred
• Management of team
- Oversight of team tasked with facilitating investment in Southern Africa
• Project identification and evaluation
- Rigorously assess investment opportunities including assessment of power project economics
• Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Lead macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Lead sector analysis of priority areas for investment
• Investor qualification and relations
- Assist in identifying qualified investors
- Manage investor relationships
• Transaction support
- Lead team in supporting complex transactions
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.