Location: London, United Kingdom
Working hours: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
Eligibility to work in the UK: Candidate must have the right to work in the UK
African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA) is a member-supported organisation whose mission is to catalyse the private capital industry in Africa.
Key to achieving our mission is a focus on excellence. We promote the highest ethical standards in governance and transparency and seek to enhance the industry’s professionalism through the provision of training to our members. Our regular networking events provide opportunities to share best practice, exchange ideas and uncover new business leads. In addition, recognised as the global leader of data sources for private capital in Africa, AVCA provide thorough and independent research of private capital in Africa to promote and enable:
- a deeper understanding of Africa's investment landscape;
- greater access to African markets; and
- investment in the industry.
AVCA’s team is drawn from a range of backgrounds that reflect the continent’s diversity.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Research Analyst will work closely with AVCA’s research team to provide support across a range of projects, including:
- Contributing to data collection, cleaning, and analysis for AVCA’s reports such as the African Private Capital Activity (APCA), African Private Capital Industry Survey and other thematic reports
- Contributing to, and maintaining, AVCA’s databases (Fundraising, Investments, Exits, Africa’s private capital ecosystem)
- Conducting surveys, identifying and analysing trends and forecasts
- Using statistical, data modelling techniques and tools where applicable
- Writing technical and non-technical reports
- Building relationships with AVCA’s members and other industry stakeholders to facilitate AVCA’s data collection effort
- Collating and tracking industry news, announcements, and research reports from primary and secondary sources
- Any additional tasks required to support the Research team
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, finance, international affairs, international development, statistics or related field
- Experience in applied research or data management is highly beneficial
- The ability to manipulate large data sets into manageable, understandable reports
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- Fluency in English
- Strong interest in the development of the African private investment sector
- Knowledge of private equity and venture capital in Africa
- Fluency in French as a second language
To apply for the role, please email your CV and a cover letter stating your notice period and highlighting your suitability for the role in alignment with the job description to: email@example.com by close of business on Monday 29th August 2022.
Email Subject Format: Application: Research Analyst
Please note emails that fail to follow the above format will be ignored.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.