Title: Research intern
Duration: 3 months
Working hours: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA) is a member-supported organisation whose mission is to catalyse the private capital industry in Africa.
Key to achieving our mission is a focus on excellence. We promote the highest ethical standards in governance and transparency and seek to enhance the industry’s professionalism through the provision of training to our members. Our regular networking events provide opportunities to share best practice, exchange ideas and uncover new business leads. In addition, recognised as the global leader of data sources for private capital in Africa, AVCA provide thorough and independent research of private capital in Africa to promote and enable:
- a deeper understanding of Africa's investment landscape;
- greater access to African markets; and
- investment in the industry.
AVCA’s team is drawn from a range of backgrounds that reflect the continent’s diversity.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Research Intern will work closely with AVCA’s research team to provide support across a range of projects, including:
- Assisting with data collection, cleaning, and analysis for AVCA’s reports such as the African Private Capital Activity (APCA), African Private Capital Industry Survey and other thematic reports
- Contributing to, and maintaining, AVCA’s databases (Fundraising, Investments, Exits, Africa’s private capital ecosystem)
- Collating and tracking industry news, announcements, and research reports from primary and secondary sources
- Any additional tasks required to support the Research team
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrable research skills in a related field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated and resourceful researcher
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work autonomously and as a part of a teams
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- Fluency in English
- Interest in the development of the African private investment sector
- Knowledge of private equity and venture capital in Africa
To apply for the role, please email your CV and a cover letter stating your notice period and highlighting your suitability for the role in alignment with the job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Monday 29th August 2022.
Email Subject Format: Application: AVCA Research Intern
Please note emails that fail to follow the above format will be ignored.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.