CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is recruiting a full-time Business Development Manager. As a member of the CBE team, you will actively support in deploying the $100M fund to finance solar-hybrid assets for businesses throughout Africa. CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills – CBE will look to you for practical insights on how to make discrete business decisions that will directly affect our financial outcomes.
- Implement strategies for identifying, tracking, and engaging potential clients and then create bespoke proposals to meet their needs
- Understand clients’ business activities and business drivers
- Electronically track, manage and engage numerous clients’ stakeholders across the local and regional levels, and across various functions within the client organizations including technical, procurement, financial and leadership
- Cultivate and manage a wide range of developers and technical partners to originate, develop, and close projects
- Develop initial drafts of a variety of financing contracts including power purchase agreements, leases, and loans
- Conduct desktop due diligence of potential projects and clients
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Business-related bachelor’s degree strongly desired
- Experience working in Africa, especially in East and West Africa
- 4+ years in a business-related field at a top tier firm
- Experience working in renewable energy
One of CrossBoundary's offices in Africa.