About the Firm
Founded in 2011, CrossBoundary is a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. CrossBoundary provides transaction and investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unleashing investment across all sectors in these markets. Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions. Learn more at www.crossboundary.com
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Analyst/Associate to join our Power and Infrastructure (P&I) Advisory Practice. We are seeking candidates with 1-4 years of relevant experience working in the development or financing of Power and/or Infrastructure projects.
CrossBoundary is an investment firm. As an Analyst/Associate, you will contribute to all aspects of the P&I Advisory Practice, including business development and transaction advisory, alongside involvement in broader company initiatives. As a member of the team, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for a significant positive impact on investment into emerging markets, in particular, investment that will improve renewable energy deployment in the regions we operate.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
• 1-4 years of experience working in the Project Finance or Power and/or Infrastructure team at one or more of the following: a specialist advisor, a renewable energy/infrastructure developer with a sizable project portfolio, top-tier infrastructure fund, a development finance institution, a lender, or an investment bank
• Bachelorâ€™s degree required
• Experience working in emerging markets; Africa, South/Southeast Asia, and Latin America would be preferred
• Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
• Excellent strategic writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
• Excellent quantitative skills; ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain tasks
• Ability to split focus on multiple responsibilities and prioritize time appropriately
• Comfort with ambiguity; able to adapt to ever-changing markets and maintain an updated understanding of how to operate in each market
• Understanding of project management principles and ability to manage complex combinations of concurrent workstreams
• Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
• Fluent in English. French and/or Spanish language skills beneficiary but not required
• Providing targeted support to developers of power and infrastructure projects or the public sector to overcome specific barriers they may face in their development process, including through:
• Supporting complex commercial due diligence assignments
• Performing market research and developing client-facing recommendations
• Sourcing qualified investors
• Advising on the structuring and deployment of innovative financing solutions
• Performing sensitivity analyses and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation
• Supporting the team in project and/or competitive procurement structuring and risk mitigation, financial modeling, drafting of investment memorandums, and capital raising
• Supporting business development through proactive opportunity sourcing and relationship building, as well as responding to donor-funded procurements (EOIs and RFPs), including executing technical and financial proposals
• Reporting on the progress of all projects on a bi-weekly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc basis and preparing slide decks for status updates to counterparties as needed
• Preparing meeting notes/minutes from engagements with external counterparties
Think you have what it takes but are not sure you check every box? If you're passionate about what we're building, send us your resume and a note to
. We're always looking to meet great people!
London, United Kingdom; frequent travel in Africa, Latin America, and Asia expected
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to our
Interested candidates should apply at https://www.crossboundary.com/careers/.