The position of the ESG and Investment Analyst will support the Partners in managing the investment process and provide ESG and impact reporting to LPs and other relevant stakeholders. The job location is Nairobi, Kenya.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization especially with Partners at remote locations is essential
- Have proven strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Manage deal flow data base via software support and ensure it is current and reflects activities and interactions of Partners with companies
- Manage follow-up action points from weekly Partner meetings
- Schedule calls and other interactions with prospects
- Review unsolicited pitch decks and proposals received through the website and other channels and summarise for further action by Partners as required
- Attend selected ecosystem events on behalf of TLcom as instructed by Partners and build up knowledge of the start-up scene and a network in the ecosystem
- Lead ESG and impact reporting from portfolio companies
- Provide administrative support for the Fund tools that will be launched in the near future eg mentoring platform
- Support Partners in the preparation of presentations, articles for conferences, meetings etc
- Provide logistics and other event management support for TLcom hosted events.
Ideal Candidate would have:
- A first degree in any analytic / numeracy related discipline (Economics, Business, STEM, Others).
- At least 3years full-time professional experience (preferably VC/PE, startup, consulting, investment banking, tech experience)
- Strong interest in the Africa tech ecosystem.
- Be authorized to work in Kenya.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com