Location: Central London
Right to work in the UK: Required
The African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA) is the pan-African industry body which promotes private investment in Africa. AVCA plays an important role as a champion for the industry by educating, equipping, and connecting members and stakeholders with independent industry research, best practice training programmes and exceptional networking opportunities.
AVCA has a mandate to be the clear, consistent, and credible voice for African private equity. Our research output and training programmes are regarded as the standard for the industry, and we have been featured in respectable industry and media outlets. The AVCA Annual Conference is the industry’s flagship event and is the largest African private equity gathering globally. Each year, we attract over 500 delegates from 30 countries globally.
About the Role
As part of the drive to catalyse and champion private investment in Africa, we are seeking an experienced Events and Training Coordinator with excellent administrative, logistical and organisational skills, who is accustomed to working to a very high standard, often with strict deadlines.
The Events and Training Coordinator will provide support on AVCA’s events and training programmes, including the annual conference, roundtables, cocktails, business briefings, classroom and online training. The coordinator will provide administrative support and work with AVCA’s business units across member services, communications and research to plan, organise and deliver AVCA training and networking events, coordinating regional events on key and emergent themes by drawing on AVCA’s network and knowledge base.
The successful candidate will be part of a high performing, committed team of professionals, responsible for organising the firm’s annual conferences, seminars and other types of live events.
- Coordination and administration of AVCA’s events and training programmes assigned by the Events Manager and the Head of Research and Training
- Providing additional capacity to support the Events Manager around planning and implementation of the AVCA Annual Conference and VC Summit
- Assist in the development and facilitation of AVCA’s training platform to fulfil identified training needs and gaps in provision
- Manage access and participation in AVCA’s training programmes, monitoring and follow-up with participants and stakeholders for feedback
- Actively managing the event management system for all AVCA events
Qualification and Experience
- Good IT literacy (MS office)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of scheduling, organising and delivering events, including booking venues and working with vendors and suppliers
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in a relevant setting
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and with stakeholders to achieve goals
- Ability to manage competing priorities under tight timeframes when working to an event or training schedule
- Excellent engagement, organisational and communication skills
- Willingness to develop structure and process for a growing business unit
- Delivering goals in a changing environment
- Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment. Strong work ethic required
- Highly motivated, resourceful and able to demonstrate prior achievements
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work on a variety of a roles
Applicants possessing the appropriate skills and experience for the role will be contacted for an interview following the closing date.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter stating your notice period and highlighting your suitability for the role in alignment with the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wednesday, 18th December 2019.