Samata Capital is looking for a Fund Partner and Managing Director to manage their East African operations.
The successful candiate would have the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated professional with 8+ years of venture capital or private equity investing experience (with a demonstrated track record) or 10+ years of operational experience in emerging markets, preferably the sub-Saharan Africa region; market-rate impact investing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends with experience in one or more of the following: agribusiness, healthcare, consumer products and technology
- Genuine commitment to work with early stage and growth companies to build scalable and sustainable businesses
- Strong business development and stakeholder relationship skills
- Ideally, candidate should be based in a country in East Africa but will consider those based in other geographies, particularly diaspora looking to return to home countries/regions
This individual will be an equity partner with the following responsibilities:
- Source and maintain a robust pipeline of potential opportunities in early stage companies in designated region
- Take lead on executing new investments and achieving exits; managing portfolio companies on behalf of the fund and providing support to build their capacity to ensure long-term growth and impact • Assist in the fundraising for the company’s first fund including enhancing marketing documents, meeting with potential investors, attending conferences, etc.
- Assist in recruitment, management and development of the fund team
- Be an active member of the investment committee
- Participate in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the fund
If you interested, please contact Lisa G. Thomas, Founder and Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please click here