Your mission will be to build an iconic LeapFrog brand in key countries, helping attract investors, investment opportunities and top tier talent. Working side by side with our founder and CEO, both of you based in Sydney, you will lead story-telling for the firm and its purpose-driven portfolio of businesses. You will deepen the narrative and expand awareness of the LeapFrog team’s work as pioneers of Profit with Purpose, leaders in both impact investing and private equity in emerging markets. You will find creative and sustained ways to break through the noise via peak media coverage, events, awards, campaigns and above all thought leadership.
Please note that this role will be based in Sydney, Australia and travel will be a key part of the role, estimated at 6-10 weeks a year.
You have a firecracker intelligence that lights up with high-bandwidth conversations and new ideas that you can turn into reality. You get a lot done on any one day, overseeing one staff member and an agency. You are enthusiastic to direct or muck in, depending on the need, on both content creation and distribution. You are an excellent writer, with an authentic voice. You are comfortable with conveying stories as well as quantitative information in accessible ways. You help build a community of passionate supporters. This is not a role for someone with a preference for corporate language, hierarchy, internal communications or for that matter being left alone. You embrace engagement, change and flexibility, essential as we and our industries and emerging markets grow rapidly.
- Generate “big ideas” to profile LeapFrog, drawing on story opportunities arising from our 26+ portfolio companies
- Translate data and knowledge into compelling insights and narratives
- Develop and drive media campaigns, mobilizing various communities and supporters
- Manage relationships with external partners who generate content or drive distribution
- Co-produce brilliant press releases, newsletters, website content
- Ensure LeapFrog’s recognition in high-profile regional and global awards
- Oversee a signature annual event
- Catalyse dynamic conversations across digital and conventional media platforms.
- Significant experience in business communications, for example via financial journalism, working in an agency and/or driving a purpose-driven company’s communications
- Written and other work that demonstrates creativity, a passion for transformative ideas, and the ability to communicate complexity with fresh simplicity
- Proven experience in initiating and driving inspiring global communications campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to influence people to achieve results
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Experience in, or demonstrated affinity for, emerging markets
- Top tier university education with preference for the humanities.
- Clear passion for delivering meaningful social impact alongside top-tier financial returns.
Given the nature of the role and the wide variety of time zones involved, working hours will be unusual and demanding. LeapFrog operates a flexible work policy to accommodate this.
Remuneration for this role is highly competitive, short- and long-term.
About LeapFrog Investments:
LeapFrog invests in exceptional businesses in Africa and Asia, partnering with their leaders to achieve leaps of growth, profitability and impact. Founded in 2007, LeapFrog’s companies now reach 188 million people across 35 countries with healthcare or financial services. Portfolio companies have grown on average at 35 per cent a year from the time of investment. They now provide jobs or livelihoods to over 128,000 people. Inspired by LeapFrog’s strategy of Profit with Purpose, global institutional investors have committed over US$1.5bn / AUD $2.2 bn to the group’s private equity funds. LeapFrog was ranked recently by Fortune as one of the top five Companies to Change the World, alongside Apple and Novartis, becoming the first private investment firm ever listed.