Our client Afreximbank (based in Cairo, Egypt) is a Trade Finance Bank established for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank was established through an agreement signed by member states and multilateral organisations and a charter that governs its corporate structure. In addressing the gaps in African trade, the Bank has set up an Investment Holding company (FEDA) under its Equity Investment Programme.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC Nigeria) has therefore been contracted by Afreximbank to recruit experienced and competent individuals to support the FEDA investment team. The various job roles are detailed below with their responsibilities and requirements
Job Summary: To support the Investment Director in implementing FEDA’s investment strategy and managing the activities across FEDA’s investment vehicles.
- Work with the Investment Director and Investment team to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Play an active role during FEDA’s fundraising process including preparation of marketing materials, investor due diligence, etc.
- Coordinate screening of potential investment opportunities and recommend viable investments for consideration by FEDA.
- Work with the Investment Director to develop Investment Committee (IC) presentations and play an active role in securing IC approvals of recommended transactions.
- Coordinate due diligence for new investments and manage advisers appointed by FEDA to support its activities at different stages of the PE investment life cycle.
- Prepare deal term sheets and negotiate the same with the management of target companies.
- Work with the Head of Finance and Operations of FEDA to ensure prompt disbursement of funds for approved investment in line with the drawdown schedule agreed with investee companies.
- Work closely with the management of portfolio companies to develop a good understanding of their businesses, develop strategy and implement value creation initiatives.
- Represent FEDA on the Board of assigned portfolio companies.
- Play an active role in the monitoring of FEDA’s investment portfolio including review of monthly/quarterly performance reports and timely recommendations to improve the performance of portfolio companies.
- Coordinate divestment of FEDA’s portfolio companies. Oversee the implementation of the ESG Action Plans.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Sciences, Engineering, etc with strong academic performance. MBA/MSc or PhD/DBA in Finance, Banking and Accounting is strongly preferred. CFA, ACCA /ACA/CPA/CMA or equivalent accounting professional qualification is required. Minimum of 8 years’ work experience 5 of which must have been spent in private equity. Additional relevant experience includes investment banking or Big Four deals/transaction advisory experience, strategy consulting etc.
Contractual information: Permanent position and willing and able to relocate to Cairo. Tax-free salaries paid in USD.
Job reference: FED 001
Qualified candidates should apply by visiting www.pwc.com/ng/executive-search