The position of Investment Officer will support the deployment and management of TLcom Capital’s Africa focused funds, investing in early to growth stage startups across the continent. Located in Lagos, you will work with our 4 partners and a team of business analysts based in Lagos and Nairobi.
What we are looking for:
Investing in one of the world’s fastest growing tech ecosystems, we are looking for a motivated self starter, high energy and able to work with light supervision. Curiosity, understanding of the African tech and business landscape , strong social and business network in the continent as well as ties to the global tech community will all be an added advantage. You must be driven, flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business, from sourcing companies, to selecting investments, to managing portfolio companies, all the way to exiting great African tech companies. You must work well in teams, have ability to openly share thoughts and receive feedback.
- Deal flow management: sourcing, screening and evaluation
- Performing due diligence on potential investments (analyzing business models, financial modelling, valuation and sensitivity analysis, industry and competitive research on investment targets, reference checks, preparing investment memos)
- Supporting portfolio companies (strategy, financing, defining KPIs, management team support, recruitment, scanning of environmental and regulatory landscape etc)
- Interacting with investors and representing the Firm at events in the Africa tech ecosystem
Ideal Candidate would have:
- An MBA or Master’s degree in other relevant field from a global top tier university
- At least two years of investment, entrepreneurial / strategy consulting/ investment banking experience in the technology sector
- Knowledge of financial modelling and investment valuation techniques
- Good research capabilities and strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- And most importantly - an ability to respect, partner and empathize with entrepreneurs.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com