Location: Central London
Right to work in the UK: Required
The African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA) is the pan-African industry body which promotes private investment in Africa. AVCA plays an important role as a champion for the industry by educating, equipping, and connecting members and stakeholders with independent industry research, best practice training programmes and exceptional networking opportunities.
AVCA has a mandate to be the clear, consistent, and credible voice for African private equity. Our research output and training programmes are regarded as the standard for the industry, and we have been featured in respectable industry and media outlets. The AVCA Annual Conference is the industry’s flagship event and is the largest African private equity gathering globally. Each year, we attract over 500 delegates from 30 countries globally.
About the Role
As part of the drive to catalyse and champion private investment in Africa, we are seeking an experienced Marketing Associate with excellent administrative, logistical and organisational skills, who is accustomed to working to a very high standard, often with strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to create innovative content across mediums
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Quick learner, adaptable, flexible and reliable
- Creative, diplomatic, calm under pressure
- Strong team player and able to work within a small team
- Dynamic, very operational person
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Support in the launch of a new brand (print and digital) identity and training offering
- Implement Digital Strategy to increase sales and brand awareness of AVCA membership, research, training and events;
- Grow organic website traffic and conversions
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Work to ensure coherent messaging and branding on all offline channels;
- Content briefing, writing, editing and improvement
- Content formatting and layout design
- Run experiments to increase ranking, engagement and conversion
- Advanced on-page SEO and off-site content marketing
- Working with external suppliers: creative designer/agency, public relations agency, LMS provider and CRM provider
- Creative copywriting and social media content creation where needed
- Writing SEO friendly content across all formats to improve the companies organic reach
- Know your way around digital marketing including SEO, CRO, CMS and social media tools e.g. Screaming Frog SEO Spider, MOZ, Ubersuggest, Hootsuite, Google (Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio), Umbraco/WordPress and Mailchimp
- Comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Strong understanding of content marketing principles and social platforms with proven track of managing different social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Experience in integrating systems, new technologies and is a problem solver.
- At least 2 years of marketing experience ideally gained through agency or client
- B2B marketing experience
- You might not understand all the intricacies of African private equity and venture, but you know how to structure content online
- Digital experiments using A/B testing, Google Analytics regex etc.
Further Traits We're Looking For:
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- Detail-oriented. You love your style guide, have a knack for noticing discrepancies
- High standard of quality. You regard yourself as excellent at what you do and only want to get better
- You also don't let "perfect" get in the way of "good"
- Time management. You know how to budget your time and move your schedule around to get important things done
- Collaborative communication. Work well in a small team
- Able to pull up sleeves when needed to solve problems
- You're keen to tell the AVCA story
- You're creative and understand how to drive business results
Applicants possessing the appropriate skills and experience for the role will be contacted for an interview following the closing date.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter stating your notice period and highlighting your suitability for the role in alignment with the job description to email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 14th February 2020.