Actis is a leading global growth markets investor in private equity, energy, infrastructure and real estate across Africa, Asia and Latin America. set within a culture of active ownership. Actis has raised US$14bn since inception and employs over 200 people, working across 16 offices globally. Their investors' capital is at work in a variety of companies around the world, employing over 116,500 people.
This is a new position that will make an important contribution to the firm's long-standing commitment to world class Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance, which is integral to the success of the business.
Actis' responsible investment (RI) approach is fully integrated into investment processes, from origination to exit, and the RI team is actively engaged in seeking opportunities to create long-term, sustainable value for investors. This is achieved by implementing the highest standards in health and safety, environmental protection, social engagement, community investment and business integrity across the portfolio.
As well as value creation at the enterprise and fund level, a recognition of the firm's responsibility to wider society has always been central to Actis' business and a new scoring methodology was recently launched to measure the positive impacts of Actis' investments alongside financial return.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Conducting technical ESG due diligence, risk and opportunity analysis for portfolio companies, including international travel.
- Contributing to and supporting, the implementation of Actis' impact measurement methodology - enabling deeper understanding and quantification of positive impact from initial investment through to exit.
- Preparing impact and RI content for investment committee papers, investor reporting and presentations to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Active portfolio management , building relationships and influencing a range of stakeholders to drive commercial and ESG performance at company level i.e. C-Suite, ESG management.
- Leading on innovative RI projects to support best practice at company and fund level.
The successful candidate will have experience in sustainability either in a technical capacity, or within an investment context. Candidates from a range of industry sectors will be considered, with the ability to apply their ESG/sustainability experience to energy, infrastructure, real estate, education, FS, healthcare and consumer sectors. Spanish and/or French language skills are highly advantageous.
- A strong commercial and solution-oriented approach
- Experience gained in emerging markets
This is a rare and highly sought-after opportunity to work with a global leader in responsible investment whose impact framework and methodologies are further establishing their impressive reputation for creating long-term sustainable value in the industry.
For more information, please click here.