Summary: Oversee RENEW’s development practice (after a period of onboarding and understanding of the business and our clients/projects), ensuring the team delivers exceptional quality deliverables, hits project targets, meets project delivery times within quality and budget parameters, and develops the team and practice into a world-class development consulting group.
- Managing projects within the project timeline and budget
- Delivery of project deliverables to exceed client expectations
- Generating new business and leading project proposal writing
- Winning new development consulting projects
Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation function and reporting on projects outcomes
- Lead projects and a growing support team
- Develop, continuously improve, and maintain RENEW’s M&E and reporting systems
- Help develop and facilitate RENEW’s core training programs
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of final project deliverables
- Prepare project reports that demonstrate RENEW’s impact in a compelling and beautiful manner
- Manage communications with clients and, when necessary, run project meetings
- Identify RFPs that align with RENEW’s expertise, and write winning proposals
- Create and improve RENEW’s development consulting project tools and systems
- Report to senior management
- Hire, lead and develop team members
- Master’s degree in business administration or international development is preferred
- 5+ years of consulting experience, preferably with a ‘Big 10’ firm; consulting experience both in the private sector and with a development agency is a plus
- Experience managing grant-based projects
- Proficiency in writing and winning grant proposals and overall excellence and efficiency in written English
- Strong report writing ability
- Experience leading consulting projects
- Strong project management skills – ideally certified in project management
- Exposure to the finance or private equity world is a plus
- Strong ability to handle all Microsoft products
Location and Travel Opportunities:
The position is based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with frequent local and regional travel and occasional international travel.
We invite you to learn more about RENEW by visiting our website www.renewstrategies.com and viewing the following videos.
RENEW invites qualified applicants to 1) submit their CV, along with 2) a cover letter describing their qualifications related to the requirements for this position, their salary history, and expectations and the reasons for applying, to email@example.com. Applicants should include their undergraduate, graduate GPAs in their CVs, and their favorite book.